Filmutopia is a story development company. We take stories and develop routes for them to reach an audience. We work within all known traditional mediums and are in the process of inventing some new ones.
If anything, we are in the purest sense a marketing company, in that we develop content for the market and develop a sales strategy for it.
We were founded in 2005, by award winning writer and director Clive Davies-Frayne.
""We realised the digital revolution and web 2.0 would change every aspect of our industry… and, that many people were struggling to adapt to the new business environment.
We are not a film production company, we are a completely different beast. What we do is to create a unique production, marketing, finance and distribution strategy for each story, across a wide range of traditional and new media. The strategy is driven by the story... and its natural place in the market.
The one thing that all the research and trends in the media industry shows, is that there are still opportunities to make great content."
- Filmutopia's mission is to creatively use the medium of cinema and television to tell fascinating, intelligently entertaining and culturally relevant stories
- The whole team is the author of the piece, not a single individual - all our projects are built on creative partnerships.
- Every change in a project's development process must be used as an opportunity to make the project better - compromise isn't ever an option.
- The power created by a team dedicated to the worth and importance of a project is more important than the size of the budget
- If we're not having a good time doing this, we're doing something wrong.